‭519-808-SALT (7258)‬ My Cart

519-808-7258

Infrared Saunas

What is an Infrared Sauna?

Traditional wet and dry saunas use heated air to warm the body, which means they typically have to be uncomfortably hot to reach therapeutic levels. Infrared Saunas make use of a different type of heat than conventional saunas. When you are sitting in a traditional sauna, you are sitting in a hot room; 180-220 degrees. In our Infrared Sauna the temperature inside is between 100 to 130 Degrees Fahrenheit. Only about 20% of the heat goes to heat the air and the other 80% directly heats your body penetrating into tissues directly, induce a detoxifying sweat at a more comfortable ambient temperature.

infrared diagram of information

Infrared Sauna Benefits

  1. Cardiovascular Conditioning: While the moisture on the surface of the skin evaporates and thus cools the body, a number of other changes occur in the body to release the heat as quickly as possible. The heart beats harder and faster, pumping more blood through the dilated blood vessels, thus achieving the conditioning benefits of continuous exercise.

  2. Removes Toxins and Mineral Waste: Increased blood circulation stimulates the sweat glands, releasing built-up toxins and waste. Regular sweating can help detoxify your body as it rids itself of an accumulation of potentially carcinogenic heavy metals (lead, mercury, zinc, nickel, cadmium) as well as alcohol, nicotine, sodium, sulfuric acid and cholesterol.

  3. Improved Circulation: As the heat from infrared saunas increases your core body temperature, your circulation will increase along with it.
  4. Burns Calories and Controls Weight: As you relax in the gentle heat of the sauna, your body is actually hard at work, producing sweat, pumping blood – and burning up to 600 calories! According to a Journal of the American Medical Association report, in a single sauna session you may burn as many calories as you would running for 60 minutes. So you lose weight – not just water!

  5. Helps to clear Cellulite:  Cellulite, is the gel-like lumps of fat which has water and debris trapped in pockets beneath the skin. Infrared saunas aid in releasing the trapped toxins therefore aid in reducing the appearance of cellulite.

  6. Skin Purification: Infrared sauna technology can help purify your skin by eliminating toxins from your pores and increasing circulation, resulting in clearer, softer, and healthier-looking skin.
  7. Relieves Pain:  Increased blood circulation carries off metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen-rich blood to oxygen-depleted muscles, so they recover faster. Muscles relax most readily when tissues are warm, for greater flexibility and range of motion. Regular infrared sauna sessions, especially in the middle-infrared level, can stimulate blood flow; improve muscle recovery, and decrease pain and inflammation after intense exercise.

  8. Improves the Immune System: By eliminating toxins and wastes produced by the intense sweating, your overall health and resistance to disease is increased.

  9. Relaxation: Just a few minutes in the gentle warmth gives you an overall massaging effect, soothing jangled nerves and knotted muscles. You’ll feel rejuvenated and renewed, restored in both body and mind.

Our Infrared Saunas

Infrared Sauna Quantum Float & Salt Cave